How ready are you for the next generation datacentre technologies?
It is not a rocket science to say that technology is rapidly changing. That’s a reality and that impacts the day to day life of IT, but not only for IT. It’s a real challenge for businesses to keep up as well.
A recent Aberdeen Group survey of IT decision makers reveals the top reasons why enterprises need to adapt to innovation:
1) A need for complex virtualised infrastructures,
2) The growth in real-time bandwidth traffic, and
3) Rising user demand for services.
What have your company chosen to use and deploy over the next 12 months?
Among the largest trends Aberdeen Group has considered, some of them are highly impacting the network:
- Software Define Networks: 22% of the companies responded they will deploy SDN solution in the next 12 months
- Big Data is rapidly adopted with 25 % companies saying they have already implemented Big Data projects, and 43 % are planning to do so next year.
- Enterprise video content and communications is adopted by 46% and 28 % plan to implement in the next 12 months.
New technologies are a double-edged sword. They’re what keeps the job interesting, but they also create new complexities and break the old ways of doing things.
Benchmark your network’s performance
How can you make sure that your business is prepared for future change? Decision made today need to support unexpected changes as much as possible. It’s not only necessary to innovate, for the sake of being early adopter. It is not either to replace an old technology by a new one doing the job better. It is a whole revolution on how to think the service, how to guarantee performance with a lot more unknown in the equation of the datacenter.
Success lies in embracing the new – and adapting to change.
How does your company adapt to those changes? How you’re keeping up with new technologies?
We offer a quick test to benchmark yourself against your peers.
Take the Benchmark Test on Network Innovation and see your result !