Low-hanging or well-defended: how good is your IT security?
Learn about IT security changes. Download the Cyberthreat Defense Report Download
We know that cyberthreats are increasing. But what are organizations doing in response? What countermeasures are they deploying? And what are they planning to do in the future?
The Cyberthreat Defense Report is a major cross-industry study based on input from 1,000 security decision makers in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
For the third year, this report pursues the objective to show not so much about what the bad guys are up to, but rather about how the IT security community globally are currently defending against threats and the changes they expect to make going forward.
Notable Findings of what we learned from them are:
- Dwindling optimism. More than half (62%) of respondents expect their organization to be compromised by a successful cyberattack in 2016, up from 39% two years ago.
- WAF takes top spot. With a deployment rate expected to surpass 90% within 12 months, web application firewall (WAF) is the top-rated application and data-centric technology cited by respondents for defending their organization’s applications and data repositories.
- Mobile threats on the rise. Two-thirds (65%) of respondents indicated there had been an increase in threats targeting their organization’s mobile devices over the past year.
- Backpedaling on BYOD. The percentage of organizations with active BYOD policies/programs has dropped for the third year in a row – from 31% in 2014 to 26% in 2016.
- Endpoint non-protection. For three consecutive years, respondents have expressed growing dissatisfaction with their current endpoint security solutions.
See the infographic overview of the survey results.